Friday, July 31, 2015

Gardenias Blooming!

I know I said just a day and a half ago that I would be posting some archived stuff soon, but I had an unexpected update to share. The first flower from the garden beds has finally bloomed. And it’s both gorgeous and just as fragrant as I’d hoped.

bloomed gardenias

I haven’t always had the best of luck with plants (as we all know), so this is very encouraging for more outdoor projects. I’ve been thinking of building a few more beds for another spot closer to the front of the house as well.

gardenias

There are signs of other blooms on the way, so hopefully soon, entering my back yard through the side gate will involve one hell of a flowery whiff.

And in case you missed it, here is the breakdown of how these beds came to be:

Happy Friday, and three cheers for this little victory!

The post Gardenias Blooming! appeared first on The Ugly Duckling House.



Website // Subscribe // Advertise // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment