Friday, October 16, 2015

Kitchen Update…

Ok, so I intended on the next thing I published to be a post about my recent wackadoo experience with a territorial squirrel in my attic, but it turns out that recapping a weeks-long battle with fluffy rats is a lot longer of a story than I thought.

squirrels are assholes

It’s coming… I just need a break from writing it to share this:

Not sure how my cabinets look this off-kilter from a simple mobile snap, but there it is.

YOU GUYS. MY KITCHEN. IS ALMOST DONE.

I’ve been working on it for a really long time, but as we all know, I’ve had to remove wallpaper and skim coat a lot of walls in this house. And after so many rooms needing the same treatment, I’ve just plain lost some of that mojo and repeatedly picked up the project only to put it on hold again (of which, I’m a gold medal-winning procrastinator).* I’ve also had to revert to hand sanding the upper wall area since the one drawback from my super awesome wall sanding kit is that it doesn’t like tight spaces so much. Go figure.

Anyway, this means that as of tonight, I’m painting my pantry wall. I’ve finished the joint compound steps (on all but one wall)! And the sanding steps! And the primer! I might be able to paint more than just my pantry wall depending on how far the paint sample stretches (I’m guessing not much further, but I learned a long time ago not to buy a gallon without trying a tester first. Unless you feel like ignoring that advice and just going for it. Or you’re pressed for time. Or a million other reasons, but the point is I’m saying you should test out the color first if you don’t like wasting money on gallons of bad paint).

It’s currently 11ish PM, and I’m still planning on painting this evening. I’m sure that’s weird for most people, but after putting this off for so long, making progress like this is better than warm milk. More soon!

*Not actually a thing. But if it were, I would win gold.

The post Kitchen Update… appeared first on The Ugly Duckling House.

Website // Subscribe // Advertise // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment